Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

First Step to Organization

I've mentioned that I am not an organized person. That is an understatement. I lose things on a regular basis. I never know where my keys are at school and am always dropping everything to look for them. I can never find anything in my desk drawers and I put papers down and they are never seen again. It is a bit of a problem. Then there is the fact that I always have props and costumes for various shows lying all over the place. Whenever our admin says we need to clean our classrooms, I end up throwing everything in the costume room to get it out of sight.

I took a step towards organizing yesterday. I have a lot of office supplies, plus stage manager/teacher stuff like thread, band-aids, lotion, make-up, four kinds of tape, etc. throughout my desk. So I organized the drawers! One of my students came to help clean the costume room and said my desk was cleaner then she's ever seen it. Sad, but true. Here are my drawers. I'm very proud, which is also kind of sad.

This is my school supply drawer. When I started my job last year, there were a million little golf pencils in my desk. Now they are contained. I also use Post-it Notes like a crazy person.







This is my stage manager kit drawer. I have many spools of thread in different colors and spike, masking, painters and clear tape. Plus my wrenches and screwdrivers that I have to hide or maintenance "borrows" them.
This is my surplus school supplies drawer. I have a cup of pens on my desk, but they disappear as they day goes by. So I hide extra. And more post-it notes!










This is stuff still in its packaging. I came into a room with mounds of school supplies in the desk and cupboards, so I haven't had to buy too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment