I found a blog Free Technology for Teachers on Facebook. A lot of the suggestions or subject specific, but I've found some awesome general ideas and programs.
I'm looking for ways to make giving and grading tests and assignments easier. In college, we used clickers to take quizzes in big classes. We registered our clickers and so it was easy to know who gave what answer. I was thinking it would be nice to find something similar to use with my students. And low and behold, I found it. Plickers are pictures that can be scanned by a camera on a phone or tablet. You print out the pictures and each one has a number on it. You can assign students a number and then you know who answered how. My only concern about this system is that there are only 40 pictures available, and I have classes of 50.
But since each of my students will be getting a netbook, there are several programs I can use to give quizzes online. This blog post outlines a lot of them. http://www.freetech4teachers.com/2014/03/seven-good-student-response-systems.html#.U8sSNoBdWrU
It would be nice to not have to grade tests and have them graded automatically. It would also be nice to use these as reviews or to test for understanding. My school is currently using a system where students are supposed to rate there understanding using a scale of 1-4: 1 being I don't get it at all and 4 being I could teach this to someone else. If I could use some of these methods just to check what level my students feel they are at quickly, that would be helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment