Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Between a Rock and a Hard Place

I'm trying to stay student focused and it's going okay. I'm keeping my temper and remembering that this is about them. I can't force them to work harder than they are willing to and I can't do the work for them. We have a show in a week and it will be what it will be.

I've found myself in some situations where my putting my students first is upsetting to my administration. They want order and clean more then anything else. My trying to create opportunities for my students is work and lack of order for them and so there is not a lot of support from them and occasionally outright extreme behavior. Asking for clarification results in accusations of insubordination and pointing out problems that need addressing results in scrutiny of my teaching. I don't feel safe or respected here. I don't think my students are respected here. But pointing that out only causes more problems; it put me and my students under unfair scrutiny and nothing that needs to change does. I don't know how to move forward with this kind of fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment