My classroom gets messy, as does my desk. I can never find what I need when I need it. I put down a stack of copies last year and still haven't found them. And it was a big stack. I also lost the remote to the projector. I'm always in such a rush that things rarely stay put together. So, I'm creating a list of things to do before I leave for the day to straighten up my classroom.
- Count chairs: I decided to give each students a row and a number in a seating chart, like I mentioned in a previous post. Once I learn names I'm thinking of switching to a sign in sheet, but since I'm still learning who is who it is nice to have a chart to refer back to. In order for it to work, the right number of chairs need to be in the rows. If I set that up before I leave, it will be less of a hassle in the morning.
- Clean my desk: Put things in some sort of order, with assignments filed and anything I need to hand out or deal with out to be seen.
- Update the objectives on the board: We are required to have student objectives visible somewhere in my classroom. I never remember to do this. If I can check them before I leave, it might actually get done.
- Clean roll sheets: I use rolls in plastic covers and dry erase markers to take roll every day. It takes a minute to clean them off. I forget until I am taking roll again and them have to try to clean it so I don't mark the wrong people absent. It would be nice to have them done each day when I come in.
If I can do these four things really quick each day before I leave, it should make my life easier. So that is my next goal.
No comments:
Post a Comment