A few posts ago I was griping about how to treat teachers. I stand by that post. But it struck me that there are people I interact with that I probably don't treat the way I want to be treated. This applies to the secretaries and maintenance people I work with. I'm not rude (or I hope I'm not) but I don't say think you unless I'm asking for something and ask a lot of them. All my paperwork goes through secretaries and I have a lot of ordering and requests. It's the nature of drama programs. They probably feel like I do a lot; unappreciated and over-worked. They work hard and do the work of more than one person. I couldn't do my job without them. So I started sending out thank you emails to the secretaries I work with regularly. Last year I did Christmas presents for the secretaries and administrators that I worked with and I'm planning on doing that again. But in the mean time, I want to let them know that their work is appreciated.
I need to find a way to do the same thing with maintenance. I've brought them donuts in the past because I don't work with any of them specifically. Maybe I'll do that again.

No comments:
Post a Comment