Anyway, I need to decide on options for their next show in December. It's a really fast turnover so I don't want to do anything too difficult. Here are three that I'm thinking about.
- The Dining Room by A.R. Gurney. I saw this performed by a high school with lots of students playing multiple parts. The set is pretty easy and it's a good chance to have students explore character.
- Shuddersome: Tales of Poe by Lindsay Prince. I can't get this play out of my head. I'm just worried that we won't get a decent audience in December for a Poe play.
- Billy Shakespeare's Christmas Extravaganza and Traveling Freak Show by Don Zolidis. I think we could get a good audience for a Christmas show. This was the only one I could find that wasn't religious or super corny. So many of the descriptions I read made me shudder. I can't do sappy holiday shows. This one might be doable, thought I'm not really sold on it. sigh. I'll see what my kids want to do.
- Stocking Stuffers by Geff Moyer. In this holiday show, holiday characters try to oust Santa for getting too much attention. It has lots of fun characters and flexible casting.
No comments:
Post a Comment