I have two classes that put on plays as part of the class. That was how the classes were set up when I was hired and after the trouble I've had with getting students to come to after school rehearsal I understand why most rehearsals are done in class. But it is a structure that I am not overly familiar with. My high school did all after school rehearsals and when I student taught my classes were beginning drama classes. So I've been struggling with how to make these classes work and make it as much of a learning opportunity as possible.
Today a friend posted this blog post on my Facebook page. It outlines how students should prepare for rehearsal and for a production. I like this a lot and am going to print it out and give it to my students so they can understand what is expected of them as we begin rehearsal. They are very sued to throwing things together at the last minute and I am trying to combat that. I expect them to have more experience and understanding of theatre production than they do because the teacher before me ran an improv based program. I like this list and think it will give me a good starting point for my students!

No comments:
Post a Comment