Search This Blog

Monday, January 12, 2015

More Music


I've mentioned in previous posts that music helps put me in a good place when I am teaching. I was reminded of that today. I was listening to this song this morning as I was getting ready in my classroom and today was a really good day. I think that having the music playing this morning put me in a good spot to have energy and a good attitude as I taught.

I have a list on my computer of songs that help put me in a good place. Some of them seem like downers but for some reason the lyrics or the melody speak to me. Here's a list of the songs that help me. I'm in the process of moving them to my work computer so I can listen to them at work. 

  • Corner of the Sky from the musical Pippin
  • Magic to Do from the musical Pippin
  • Freak Flag from the musical Shrek
  • Already Home by A Great Big World
  • Let It Go from the movie Frozen
  • No More from the musical Into the Woods
  • Giants in the Sky from the musical Into the Woods
  • Don't Forget Me from the TV show Smash
  • Firework by Katy Perry
  • One Voice by the Wailin' Jennys
  • Who Says by Selena Gomez
  • Part of Me by Katy Perry
  • The Parting Glass by Celtic Woman
  • Highland by Blackmore's Night
  • If I Can't Love Her from the musical Beauty and the Beast
  • Shape in the Sky by Donovan from the movie Brother Sun, Sister Moon
  • Stone by Stone by Buddy Comfort from the movie Brother Sun, Sister Moon
  • Brother Sun, Sister Moon by Buddy Comfort from the movie Brother Sun, Sister Moon
  • Whatever You Want by Vienna Teng
  • 3 Black Crows by Blackmore's Night
  • A Place in the Choir by Celtic Thunder
  • Light One Candle by Peter, Paul and Mary
  • Super Trooper from the movie Mama Mia
  • Life's a Happy Song from the movie The Muppets
  • Through Heaven's Eyes from the movie The Prince of Egypt
  • Make Them Hear You from the musical Ragtime
  • Into the Fire from the musical The Scarlet Pimpernel
  • Defying Gravity from the musical Wicked
  • There Were Roses by Cara Dillon
  • Antebellum by Vienna Teng
  • Still Hurting from the musical The Last Five Years
This is my crazy mix of music. I'll probably add to it but this is my go to base. 


No comments:

Post a Comment