I'm not much of a Halloween person. I'm not a fan of gross and there is lots of gross around Halloween. Last year I didn't really do anything except wear a flamingo hat I found in the costume room. It is an awesome hat. But this year I decided to honor the position of drama teacher and do somethings for Halloween.
We decided that Drama Club is going to do a workshop on injury make-up on Halloween. Today we had a meeting where we taught club members how to do those kinds of make-up. I haven't done that kind of stuff in at least five years so I pulled some YouTube videos to show my students how to make bruises, scars, cuts, bite marks and stitches. After watching the videos and a few demonstrations from me, I just let them play. I got out the make-up and let them try things. They had a lot of fun and did great (gross) things. I think the workshop will go well.
I'll be dressing up for Halloween. Mostly I wanted an excuse to get a dress like this. And I might make the cupcakes in the picture at the top of this post. We'll see how motivated I am. I want to come up with a fun activity for my classes to do on Halloween. Sometimes kids just need a break. And since Halloween is on a Friday this year everyone will be a bit wired. I'm thinking something with scary stories or poems, but I'm not sure yet. This will give me a chance to let my kids see a different side of me and have a bit of fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment