Search This Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Too Much Drama in Drama

Some drama with my advanced class came to a head this week. A few days ago several of my students came to me, saying that one student was bad-mouthing another on Twitter. They showed me several posts and told me that the student being attacked wanted to drop the class because of how she was being treated. I knew I needed to get on this immediately. I spoke with a couple of students individually and sent an email to one of the vice-principals.

The problem went bigger then I thought. When the vice-principal called students in, more names came up, including students who didn't even know they were being talked about. Eventually four students were in a mediation session for an hour and a half.

It all started with one student who feels the need to badmouth everyone. She rags on  people's clothes, on what parts they'll get in the next show, on their relationships with me. She has been suspended for a day for cyber bullying. This is such a mess. The vice-principal told me this was handled, but I have my doubts. I want my classes to be a space place, and if it isn't, I may need to remove this student from the class. If she can cause this much chaos, she needs to take it elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment